Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Kids these days

It's a little depressing when I think about it. When I was a younger, I followed rules, acted like a nice guy, didn't punk around, hardly skipped school and gave authority figures the respect they deserve.

Now kids act like loutish gangsters, talk loudly and rudely, skip school like it's cool to do so, and treat others condescendingly. And those who smoke, they smoke like they're proud of it.

From what I see around, no school is spared from such a decline of behaviour. Even despite my alma mater faring quite well in the behaviour department, I can see a significant change from my time.

Other schools are worse. Their students act like they own the world, the people on the world, the patents to every invention on the world, and the galaxy. They walk with an arrogant swagger that makes you want to bash their noses in.

Some of those arrogant pricks come from the ITE, and they talk like they're experts in everything. To be studying in ITE, one has to successfully fail several layers of exams, which really means that they do not have much academic ability, like it or not. To be honest, they gotta understand and accept that they will naturally be inferior when it comes to academic-type discussions.

Bah, I don't claim to be about sure about things that I don't know about. But what I know, I make sure I'm solid sure before I speak. If not, I pepper my statements with disclaimers.

My favourite buses are vandalised by students of Bishan Park Secondary School. The backs of the seats of buses on service 162 in particular. Sometimes I wish they'd put all these underperformers in one corner of Singapore, and let the rest of us live peacefully. But then that won't be ethical would it?

Kids who solicit for donations in public and insult you when you refuse. Those should have their heads chopped off, stuffed by a taxidermist and auctioned at Sotheby's. All profits will go the charity.

Why are kids behaving so badly these days? I dunno. But they had better treat me with respect, because I speak my mind when I feel insulted.

Idiot kids. They're everywhere.

5 Comments:

Blogger lowtide said...

haha i agree. they're perhaps just too rich for their level of maturity.

and access to more 'adult' things like expensive meals, game consoles, gadgets etc made them feel like they are the biggest fucks in the world.

Think we're getting old.

PS GO add a tagboard leh. Commenting is quite troublesome

2:08 AM  
Blogger ozob said...

lol. elitist attitude! omgwtflolbbq

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live right next to an ITE institution, so I get to see them during lunch time.

They like to congregate at narrow high-traffic corridors, usually intentionally blocking off the way for other pedestrians.

Any passer-by who politely asks to pass is either ignored, stared at, or insulted.

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, don't get a tagboard. You would be inviting flames from feminists. The aftermath can be seen plainly on Bing De's blog.

11:37 PM  
Blogger lowtide said...

soonbing i'm sure you're joking aren't you

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home