Saturday, March 18, 2006

Hermitage Shanks

OK after almost 1 week of the 3 week study break, I feel like a hermit. Day in day out, hitting the books, surfing the net, hitting the notes, eating, blah.

Existing but not living. Stupid exams to clear.

It's not like I study 24/7, but simply, it's that there's nothing else I can do except stay at home and do whatever people do when they stay at home. Play Halo. Listen to Smashing Pumpkins and the Arctic Monkeys for the 20th time. Tie up all the cables behind the computer.

On one hand I know it'll be healthier for my mind to meet up with my friends or something. To talk or whatever. But on the other hand, I know I do not have the right to intrude in their lives. If they're comfortable living as it is, I'm not going to poke my nose into their activities.

I wish people were in demand of my company though. Too bad I'm not one of those popular guys who goes to the gym and follows the latest fashion trends and knows the funkiest places and listens to the most popular stuff on radio.

But conformity for the sake of itself is so damn shallow.

But it's alright, that's how life is like.

I'll remain in my cave. At least there's a good computer, a good hifi, books to read.

2 weeks more to go. Perhaps I'll turn myself in to the asylum by then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home